The Health Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate
by Dustin Vance
by Dustin Vance
When you were young your parents may have told you that eating too much chocolate would make you sick. They were only partly correct! There are many health benefits to eating chocolate as long as you don’t over-indulge.
The following are some of the amazing benefits of eating chocolate:
1) Scientific test results show that eating one to two servings of dark chocolate a week can reduce the risk of heart failure.
2) Dark chocolate also acts as a natural cough suppressant, much like cough syrup. Although, unlike cough suppressants, chocolate won’t leave you feeling drowsy due to the theobromine in chocolate.
3) Dark chocolate can actually help you lose weight as well! It is light and filling, and may help lessen your desire to eat less salty and fatty foods.
4) Eating chocolate reduces stress! When you are overwhelmed or overworked, enjoy a few pieces of chocolate and it will help you relax. It has been proven that pregnant mothers who eat chocolate deal with stress better and actually have happier children once their babies are born.
5) Clear, healthy skin is another positive result. Eating chocolate regularly also increases your skin’s ability to resist sunburn for a longer period of time.
6) Most importantly, eating dark chocolate leads to a higher level of intelligence. Chocolate boosts blood flow to the brain, increasing brain power and alertness for two to four hours. People that eat more dark chocolate have scored higher on cognitive tests than those who do not.
What else could you ask for in this delicious food product? At Dorinda’s Chocolates, we search for the perfect combination of dark chocolate and natural ingredients. The Naked 70% is a perfect example! Made of 70% dark chocolate ganache and hand rolled in 70% dark chocolate, this piece meets the requirements for benefiting your health and increasing your intelligence level! That means we should all just eat more chocolate!
We all know chocolate is an aphrodisiac – that isn’t anything new. But how did chocolate become so connected to love and our sensual side? Chocolate is undeniably sexy. Its...
Eschewing trendiness in favor of incredible flavor, Dorinda’s award-winning chocolates are all-natural, hand-made creations. You can trust that we make our products with high-end ingredients of the best possible quality....
Chocolate is one of those rare delights that is so wonderful, you often deprive yourself of enjoying the experience at it’s full potential. Many chocolate lovers find a piece in their...
“Initially, it was just a way to make money back in my High School days. However, it wasn’t long before I began to fall in love with the profession. As...
This morning I awoke to a crisp breeze creeping through the window and sliding across my room. I live nestled in the Tahoe mountains, twenty miles from Dorinda’s Chocolates; a...